Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Conservative MP Tweets About Punching Female Journalist In Her Throat




The MP for Lichfield Michael Fabricant tweeted the threat on Friday morning.

View this image ›


Peter Byrne/PA Wire/Press Association Images

The Conservative MP for Lichfield said today that he might end up “punching [female journalist Yasmin Alibhai-Brown] in her throat.”


Michael Fabricant’s message, posted on Twitter, comes following the Daily Mail columnist’s appearance on Channel 4 News on Thursday evening, in which Alibhai-Brown appeared alongside associate editor of the Spectator.


Michael Fabricant @Mike_Fabricant

I could never appear on a discussion prog with @y_alibhai I would either end up with a brain haemorrhage or by punching her in the throat



The two had a discussion about British values and Alibhai-Brown freely expressed her opinions on Liddle. Initially Alibhai-Brown said Liddle tried to be “reasonable and not to be bigoted but the bigotry just bursts out of him”.


She then followed up with a more damning conclusion on Liddle, saying: “I’m clearly honest that I loathe you. I have no words to express how much I loathe you.


“And in that I feel quite proud that I’m able to tell you that and we don’t kill each other.”


5. Watch Rod Liddle debating with Alibhai-Brown below:


Video available at: http://youtube.com/watch?v=eSRSypmC3OY. Channel 4 News / Via youtube.com

6. Fabricant, former party whip, has been criticised by a number of users on Twitter.


Eoin Clarke @DrEoinCl

.@Mike_Fabricant @y_alibhai An MP airing violence against women is unwise, ill-judged and in my view wrong.



Christine Hill @drchristinehill

@Mike_Fabricant @y_alibhai Totally unacceptable tweet. I think you should retract that statement and apologise.



Gary Raymond @GaryRaymond_

Wow! Is this an elected official publicly threatening to hit a woman? @DrEoinCl @Mike_Fabricant @y_alibhai



Tom Sadler @tsadler2

@Mike_Fabricant stay classy, Mike. What is it about clever, prominent and outspoken women that so scares the @Conservatives?



10. Update: Fabricant has now apologised for his earlier comments.


Michael Fabricant @Mike_Fabricant

Just out of dentist. 1 It appears that some people who don"t know me think I actually go round punching “in the throat”. Not true.



Michael Fabricant @Mike_Fabricant

2. If anyone believes I would seriously threaten someone with violence, I of course withdraw and apologise



Michael Fabricant @Mike_Fabricant

.Sorry @y_alibhai if you actually thought I would punch you. I actually don"t do that sort of thing. But you are utterly infuriating! xx



Read more: http://buzzfeed.com/sirajdatoo/conservative-mp-tweets-about-punching-female-journalist-in-h




Conservative MP Tweets About Punching Female Journalist In Her Throat

conservative, conservative mp, michael fabricant, news, rod liddle, ukpolitics

No comments:

Post a Comment