Friday, April 3, 2015

The Decisions That Shaped the Mashable Community




Fork-road-decision-image


Life’s most memorable paths often start with the least likely beginnings. Over the last few weeks, and in collaboration with the Broadway musical If/Then, we’ve gathered the Mashable community’s If/Then Stories — the tales of how one chance meeting, or seemingly inconsequential decision led to something big.




You sent in Instagram videos, photo collages, Vine slideshows, and more, all with one shared foundation: a great story. Below is a roundup of some of our favorites.


A new life in the old world



“If I had stayed in my old life, then I never would have lived in Berlin.”


Healing a broken heart



“If I didn’t uproot my life and move to London for love then I wouldn’t have found myself spending the most incredible summer in Cape Town doing yoga on top of a mountain. If you ever find yourself with a broken heart, Cape Town is the best city to heal it in!”


Starting up that startup life



“If we hadn’t moved to Long Island City, we would have never founded our startup, Tenant King.”


Getting durty



Moving on



“Choosing to wear my wedding gown the night of my divorce changed my life. It showed I could be happy, no matter what I wore.”


Headbands of Hope



Reconnecting



“If I hadn’t decided last minute to go to a cancer survivor reunion, then I wouldn’t have reconnected with my fellow childhood cancer survivor and friend with whom I’d lost contact with for nine years. Today, we’re both 11 years cancer-free and best friends!”


Finding common ground



“if it wasn’t for Instagram I wouldn’t be able to call these guys my friends”


Starstruck



“If my car had never broken down, then I would have never had drinks with Liza Minnelli!!”


Remembering your roots



“#ifthenstories #parents #everything the reason I am me and the reason why I somehow the make the best decisions always. Their blessings and love are always with me.”


A huge(inc) deal



Read more: http://mashable.com/2014/08/01/defining-moments/




The Decisions That Shaped the Mashable Community

Entertainment, if then stories

No comments:

Post a Comment